Sweet Potato, Coconut, Ginger Soup
This Sweet Potato, Coconut & Ginger soup, is one of my favourite easy meals. It’s so easy to prepare and makes the perfect comfort food on a cold evening. It’s also incredibly anti-inflammatory, so I use this recipe as part of my Anti-inflammatory cleanse when I’m injured, or feel a little under the weather. Sweet potatoes are a great source of slow releasing low GI carbohydrates, they are also full of beta-carotene, which promotes beautiful skin by ridding off free radicals that cause skin ageing. Sweet potatoes are a wonderful source of Vitamin A and Beta-carotene, which means they have incredible anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce internal inflammation. This is also very important for athletes and very active people to help muscle recovery.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 knob ginger
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (sesame, pumpkin & sunflower)
- 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- To make the garnish, simply mix seeds, tamari and chilli flakes together, putting on a small roasting tray and roasting for around 3 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Add to your blender with all the other ingredients and whizz until smooth. Pour into a pan and place over the heat until desired temperature.
- Start by pealing the sweet potatoes and cutting them into bite sized cubes. Place on a roasting tray with a drizzle of olive oil and roast for 25 minutes/until soft.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees celcius.