Pancakes (vegan and gluten free)
The flours here are a mix of oat flour and Doves g’free mix. I used porridge oats that I blasted in my blender for a few seconds until it looked something like flour; if you blend up rolled oats you’ll probably get a thicker pancake, but it’ll still work. If you’re not sure, just buy oat flour. Then just like normal pancakes you mix all your dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ones in another. Except to get the wet ingredients nice and smooth (I’m looking at you banana) I blended them together in my blender for a few seconds; just make sure not to over process them because this can make the banana tough and chewy and nobody wants that. Then you just need to add your wet mixture a little at a time into the dry mix and you’re all set to cook up some phat stacks. _____________________________________________________ Try these toppings: Maple syrup, ground flax meal, nut butter, strawberries, banana, raspberries, blueberries, dark chocolate chips, chocolate coconut butter (as an alternative to chocolate spread), coconut chips, coconut cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 0.5 cups coconut milk
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup Dove's plain g'free flour
- Sift all the dry mix ingredients together into a big bowl and blend all the wet ingredients in a blender for a few seconds.
- Slowly add the wet mix into the dry mix, using a whisk or a wooden spoon to combine everything together until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Lightly grease a nonstick pan with coconut oil and heat up over a medium low heat. Add 1/4 cup of pancake batter to the pan and cook until the top side of the pancake is covered in little bubbles and the edges have turned brown, that's how you know it's time to flip it - should take 3-4 minutes depending on how hot your pan is. Flip your pancake and cook on the other side for a few more minutes until it's nice and golden too. The do that for all the pancakes.
- Put the cooked pancakes on a plate with some kitchen paper on the bottom, and cover with a clean towel to keep them warm until all the pancakes are ready.