Creamy Cheese Cashew Sause & Kale Salad Bowl
Kale and quinoa with creamy, cheesy, cashew sauce. ______ Notes: If you want thicker sauce for using on mac and cheese or something, add less veg stock. If you have a cashew allergy (sorry!) then I've been told almonds work here, just don't add as much water, and use peeled almonds if you can find them.
- 200 g shredded kale
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, or adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1-2 clove(s) garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 30 mins
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender until completely smooth and then allow to blend for a few minutes on high speed to heat up, the heat will help it thicken the cashews.
- Cook your quinoa and transfer to a bowl with the kale in it while it's still hot, pour the warm cashew sauce over everything (the kale will wilt from the heat). Enjoy!