Apple Cinnamon Slices
I have this delicious recipe from Amy Chaplin. It tastes wonderful. My family was immediately hooked! Instead of vanilla, as in the original recipe, I put cinnamon. That fits great into the Christmas season.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 apples, cut into slices
- 2/3 cup maple syrup, or rice syrup work also
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 oats flour
- 2 1/2 almond flour
- 1/2 cups barley flour, buckwheat taste delicious also
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat in a pan coconut oil. Add apples and fry golden for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix oat flour, almond flour, barley flour and baking poweder togehter.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, maple syrup with cinnamon and almond extract.
- Pout into flour mixture and stire with your hands.
- Press the mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread the apple slices on the dough.
- Return to oven for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Cut into slices and enjoy!