Eat Your Veggies Chocolate Mousse
I know I'm not the only one that loves to sneak extra veggies into sweets and desserts to make indulging that little bit healthier. Well today I have a new vegetable twist on a classic chocolatey dessert for you, and I urge you to give this recipe a go before deciding that I've taken my love of vegetables a step too far....
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp Agar Agar flakes or grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup granulated stevia
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Chop up your cauliflower and steam it until it is very soft and a knife can go through it with ease. Leave this to one side to cool.
- Once your cauliflower has cooled place it in a food processor and puree.
- As the blended cauliflower starts to become smooth, add in all the other ingredients.
- Keep blending and scraping down any mixture that rises up the sides. This may take 5 minutes to get really smooth, depending on the quality of your blender. The smoother you can get the mixture, the nicer the texture will be.
- When you have your chocolate mousse as smooth as possible, place it into a container and put this in the fridge to set for about 3 hours before serving.