Raw Vegan Blueberry and Acai Cheesecake
Fancy something fruity? This vibrant berry cheesecake is sure to hit the spot. Light, creamy and healthy, it’s the whole package and has had some resounding feedback from my house-mates. Safe to say it did not last long! Coconutaholics will definitely love this one. It contains; desiccated & flaked coconut, coconut cream & coconut oil. If this just all sounds too good to be true. The ingredients are below.
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp acai powder
- 2 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 100 g blueberries
- Instructions: In a large bowl cover your cashews with cold water and leave to soak overnight (or for a minimum of 5 hours).
- Remove the stones from your medjool dates and place into your food processor.
- Add the; almonds, raisins, desiccated coconut & salt, then blitz until the nuts have broken down and the mixture starts to come together.
- Pour the mixture into a spring form pan and push down with the back of a spoon, making sure that it is evenly spread. Place the cake mould into the fridge whilst we work on the cheesecake.
- If the food processor needs cleaning, give it a quick wipe. Drain the water from your bowl of cashews and pour them out onto some kitchen roll or a tea towel to remove any residual surface water.
- Once roughly dried, pop them into your food processor along with everything else (making sure the coconut oil is melted). Turn on the food processor and leave it until your cheesecake mixture is smooth and creamy (no lumps should be visible).
- Get your base out of the fridge and pour your cheesecake mixture over the top.
- Spread it evenly and then sprinkle a few blueberries on top.
- Now using your finger submerge the blueberries roughly halfway through the mixture.
- Using a spoon, smooth over the top of your cheesecake making it as level as possible.
- Decorate with rim with coconut flakes or anything you think will look pretty and then pop into the freezer to set. Leave for a minimum of 3 hours and then enjoy.