Matcha is such a versatile ingredient and I love finding new ways to work with it, including these delightful little chocolate truffles.
- 10 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp matcha
- pinch pink Himalayan rock salt
- In a bowl over hot water, melt your chocolate and coconut oil.
- Whilst they are melting, add all the remaining ingredients to your food processor.
- When ready, add the chocolate and coconut oil. Blitz on and off, until the mixture starts to come together and until everything is well combined.
- Remove the bowl from the food processor and place in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the mixture can partially set.
- Remove from the fridge and roll into balls. When all the mixture has been used, place all your truffles on a plate and through a sieve sprinkle over a little more matcha powder.
- I chose to roll mine in matcha, but the taste slightly overwhelmed the lovely chocolate flavour of the truffles. We don’t want that! I recommend a light sprinkle instead.