Chocolate Protein Muffins
Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate! We love it and there are 4 types of chocolate in these little protein packed bundles of joy. It’s another food processor recipe folks, that means they are super simple to make and require very little time or attention. Make them for a group of friends, a post training session snack or as a solo weekend scoff fest. What ever your reason for baking these gooey chocolate treats, I guarantee they will put a smile on your face.
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 3 tbsp date nectar
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 180 g buckwheat flour
- 50 g coconut oil
- 50 g cacao
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan rock salt
- 150 g chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Put the eggs in the food processor and blend until light and airy. Add the; bananas, date nectar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract & salt, then blend again.
- Once combined gradually add the dry ingredients; protein powder, buckwheat flour, cacao, baking powder and cinnamon.
- When the mixture has come together nicely turn off the food processor and cut your 150g dark chocolate bar into chips and fold into the muffin batter. Pour into 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. I also sprinkled a few cacao nibs over the top of my muffins, but this is optional.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes then enjoy, or store in a air tight container for up to 2 days.