This is my veggie 'porridge' which actually consists of no oats, and is savoury - so definitely a different take on 'porridge' however it still gives you that warm bowl of goodness to sit down to in the morning. Sometimes poached eggs and veggies are too summery and you just want something HOT. Well this my friends will hit those desires right on the head, with veggies, fats and zero grains!
- 2 cup broccoli and cauliflower rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- If you don't already have some broccoli and cauliflower rice in the fridge, then simply combine the florets in a food processor and blitz until rice sized.
- Heat a medium sized pan. Once you can feel some heat coming off it, add your coconut oil to the pan and pour in your 2 whisked eggs and rice. Scramble in the pan until rice is cooked and soft.
- Serve with 1/2 an avocado, salt and pepper.
- Tip: you could totally mix through some pre-cooked bacon or smoked salmon. I also will sometimes blend my avocado before hand so my porridge is extra creamy!