Salmon 'n Rainbow Chips
This is a take on Sarah Wilson's salmon n superslaw recipe however I changed the vegetables she used and made it even more colourful using a wide range of vegetables. When I'm making my creations, I do a lot of my cooking by eye and what I think is 'right' so it's hard for me to tell you the recipe sometimes! However, what I try to do is at least give you an idea of the amount of ingredients to use. In regards to vegetables, cook as many or as little as you'd like.
- Yellow cabbage
- Red cabbage
- Yellow and green butter beans
- Red and green capsicum
- Heirloom Carrots
- splash of Apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- about 2tbsp coconut oil, melted
- solid sprinkle of smoked paprika
- lemon cheeks to serve
- salmon fillest, cut in half to make smaller squares
- Heat the oven to 200c and prepare and baking tray
- Chop up all the vegetables into small pieces so that they will cook quickly. I steamed the carrots in the micro for a bit before they went in the oven so that I knew they would cook well and crispy up. Make sure the capsicum is sliced thinly along with the cabbage.
- Then toss all the veggies in a bowl and mix through the ACV, salt and pepper, coconut oil and paprika until all the veggies are covered. (feel free to add as much smoked paprika as you'd like)
- Lay all the vegetables on the baking tray and place the salmon on top. Sprinkle paprika over the salmon fillets
- Cook for about 12- 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked for your liking
- Serve with lemon cheeks!
- Tip: put the leftovers in a salad tomorrow with some cucumber, spinach, raw red capsicum, spinach, vegan mince meat, avocado and any extra veggies you'd like!