WOWWWWWW I'm pretty happy after making this EPIC dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and sugar free lasagne! Being 'free' of all those things might sounds unappealing to you but my god was it so good! It's the first time I've made cauliflower white sauce and it was the perfect substitute for cream! (However if you aren't dairy intolerant then by all means add some fresh ricotta and cheddar). It took me about 20 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes including cooking time and this is definitely becoming a favourite of mine! I'm looking forward to my lunch tomorrow! I love creating new recipes and hope you guys can have a bit of fun with this one too!
- 3 Zucchini
- 1 Brown onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 500 g Organic, free range Chicken minced
- 2 cup Red capsicum sauce or no-tomato sauce
- 2-3 cup Sliced mushrooms
- 4 cup Spinach
- 3 tbsp Spaghetti bolognese spice from Gewurzhaus
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 cauliflower head chopped into florets
- About 150ml coconut cream
- Splash of water
- 1 egg
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini on the 'thick' setting (or cut about 2mm thick).
- Roast in the oven on 200c for 10 minutes or until soft. Set aside
- Meanwhile brown the onion and garlic in a large frypan. Add the chicken mince and cook. Add the spaghetti bolognese spice and oregano and let flavours develop. Add you choice of sauce and mushrooms and let simmer
- To make the cauliflower sauce, steam the cauliflower until very soft. Set aside Put the cream into a sauce pot over medium heat, whisking until bubbling. Add a splash of water and continue to heat the sauce. Take off heat and crack the egg into the sauce and continue to whisk until combined. Add the cooked cauliflower and stir. Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth cream forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- One cup at a time, add the spinach to the chicken mince mixture until wilted. Continue until all 4 cups are wilted.
- To make the lasagne, lay the zucchini ribbons down on the bottom of a glass tray next to each other trying not to leave gaps. Cover the first layer with 1/2 the cooked mince mixture and any extra raw spinach you would like. Cover this with another layer of zucchini ribbons and top with the rest of the sauce mixture. Cover with another layer of zucchini ribbons. Pour the cauliflower cream over the top layer and sprinkle some spaghetti bolognese spice and salt and pepper over the top and cook in the oven at 200c for 15 minutes or until the top has started to brown.
- Serve with some steamed greens, raw spinach and a dollop of pesto (optional).