My take on a shepard's pie
Who ever said sugar free food is not soul warming is so wrong. Check out a great winter warmer -- my take on @_sarahwilson_ @iquitsugar shepard's pie. 🐏 We are talking about sweet potato and cauliflower instead of normal potato, a super juicy, veggie dense, lamb mince and a crispy cauliflower top instead of cheese. Oh and then a nice drizzle of creamy, calcium rich tahini for creaminess. Sounds good right? Better than processed food right? Well i hope so cause more than half of all calories eaten in american now come from processed foods and i don't want this to continue! Processed foods now make up a full 57.9% of all calories consumed....and sugar and oil (bad oils) make up most of these calories.🤔 guys I don't want us to be come part of a statistic, so save yourself and your future and start cooking YUMMY, HEALTHY, and REAL FOOD‼️
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrot
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 400 g lamb mince
- 2 tbsp no-tomato sauce
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Splash of Almond milk (or butter if you aren't dairy intolerant)
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Add coconut oil, coriander stems, garlic, carrot, and rosemary to a low-medium frying pan. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add lamb mince and cook for 5 minutes until browned. Add in zucchini, no-tomato sauce and chicken stock and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the peas and spinach in the last minute and stir through until defrosted/wilted.
- Meanwhile, steam half the cauliflower and potato in a microwave proof dish (with a cover) until soft (about 10 minutes) Drain. Add in almond milk (or butter) and mash with a fork until you have a smooth-ish puree.
- Spoon the pie filling mixture into dish. Spoon over the mashed cauliflower/potato and sprinkle the rest of the cauliflower over the top (you might want to chop this more finely so it gets crispier). Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- While the pie is cooling, steam your green beans and drizzle with some olive oil and lemon juice.
- Serve the shepard's pie with some green beans and a drizzle of tahini over the pie for some creaminess (cause I don't use cheese).
- Serve with Green beans, steamed with EVOO and lemon juice Tahini (instead of cheese)