Cauliflower fried rice
For a detoxifying dish that nourishes your body with the most colourful combination of vegetables, try this cauliflower fried rice! Cauliflower is a deceptively easy substitute for normal rice and it is healthier, more nutritious and yummier alternative! Plus, it is rich in vitamin c, low in calories and rich in fibre. Fibre is in charge of keeping the digestive system moving and actually enhances long-term weight loss so boosting a dish with cauliflower rice is a great option.
- Brown onion, diced
- Garlic, crushed
- Chopped ginger
- Broccoli, diced
- Carrot, diced
- Celery, chopped
- mushrooms, sliced
- Snow peas, chopped
- Purple cabbage, chopped
- Kale, chopped
- Tamari (to taste)
- Turmeric (to taste)
- Cauliflower head, roughly chopped
- Roast chicken
- Sautee the garlic and brown onion in a wok
- Cook all the remaining ingredients (except for cauliflower, tamari and turmeric)
- Add Tamari sauce to taste
- While everything is cooking, make an omelette in another pan by whisking eggs in a bowl with a generous sprinkle of turmeric for an anti-inflammatory boost! Cook on medium heat in some coconut oil until cooked through. Then chop the cooked omelette into small square pieces and mix through the cooked vegetable mix.
- Blend the florets of the cauliflower in a blender until it forms a rice size consistency .. DO NOT OVER BLEND - if you over blend you'll get mush
- Cook the cauliflower rice in a separate fry pan with some coconut oil and some tumeric
- Once the vegetables are cooked, serve the rice and veggies together in a bowl and top with roast chicken!