Cauliflower, Carrot and Ginger Soup
This soothing cauliflower, heirloom carrot and ginger soup is one that will not disappoint. The heat from the ginger balanced with the creaminess of the cauliflower allows you to have a healthy yet nourishing winter dinner that will heal your gut and warm your insides....
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 450 g orange heirloom carrots
- 3/4 head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 litre chicken stock
- coconut milk
- Lemon zest
- Heat the oven to 200c and lay the carrots in a roasting dish. Spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with smokey paprika. Cook until starting to golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauce oven low heat until onion is soft and sweet. Add the cauliflower and spices and stir to coat.
- Once the carrots are finished, place them in the pot. Add the stock and bring the mixture to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a handheld stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut milk and a sprinkle of lemon zest.