Baked Salmon with Caponata and Black Olive oil
One of my favourite salmon dishes and a perfect dish for a slightly 'wintery' option 'cause most of the time salmon dishes tend to be more on the summery side. Plus it is SO SIMPLE and EASY to make! I'm talking about 30 minutes from start to finish! (Note that the other version of this on the blog has avocado in it)
- 2 eggplants
- 8 yellow squash
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4-6 sprigs of thyme
- handful of chopped parsley
- handful of chopped mint
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 salmon fillets
- juice of 1 lemon
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped or ground pistachios
- 8-10 black olives
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- To make the black olive oil: In a food processor, combine the kalamata and the olive oil. Blend until smooth and at desired consistency. Set aside.
- To make Caponata: Heat some coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add eggplant, squash and thyme and cook until soft.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on an oven proof dish and top with lemon juice and pepper. Put in the oven for about 15-20 mins or until cooked through.
- While everything is cooking, you can steam some extra greens in the microwave.
- Once the caponata is cooked and the salmon is virtually finished, you can mix through the mint, parsley, lemon zest and ACV into the eggplant mix and stir to combine.
- To serve, make a bed of the caponata and top with the salmon fillet. Sprinkle the ground pistachios over the top and drizzle (or dollop) the black olive oil. Serve with your extra greens.
- Serve with some extra greens on the side (broccolini or green beans go well)