Baked eggs in avo
Been meaning to try this one for ages and so glad I finally got myself into gear and actually did it -'cause this is totally becoming my go-to winter breakfast. Warm avo is surprisingly delicious and a perfect hot breakfast that doesn't include sugary porridge! Also, it's a fast breakfast that you can just leave to do it's thing while you're getting ready.
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Chilli flakes
- Veggies to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out some of the flesh so that there is a slightly bigger hole for the egg to sit in.
- Crack your egg in a bowl and carefully pour into the hole.
- Repeat the egg for the other half and avocado.
- Place them on an oven tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through (you may need to place a small oven-proof bowl against the avocado to help it balance).
- Serve with veggies and sprinkle with salt and pepper.