Lox Winter Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
A delicious and warming winter salad with lox.
- 50 g lox
- Half medium sweet potato
- 5 spears asparagus
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 olives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper
- Let's make the dressing first (garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard and honey): in a food processor, combine together all of the ingredients and blend until smooth and then put aside for now.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees farenheit.
- Get your sweet potato and chop into cube sized pieces. Put on a baking tray and drizzle some olive oil on top, add salt, pepper and some dried rosemary (optional).
- At the same time, prepare another baking pan and put the asparagus on it and also drizzle some olive oil and add some salt and pepper.
- ere comes the tricky part: time coordination!
- Let the asparagus roast for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Let the sweet potato bake for 12 minutes, toss it and then continue baking for another 12 minutes.
- While that is roasting, assemble the romaine lettuce (I like to finely shred mine) or salad leaves and toss with some of the dressing. I will use around 1-2tbsp depending on the size of the salad.
- Add the capers, sun-dried tomato, olives into the salad.
- Once the sweet potato and asparagus are done, toss them into the salad.
- Finally, add the lox on top, drizzle some of the dressing, and ENJOY!
- If the salad is too much on the salty side, omit either the capers or olives.