Cauliflower Skillet Hash
This is the ultimate comfort food that will yield no guilt! Made with cauliflower, this has is a satisfying low carbohydrate meal that will fuel you throughout the day.
- 2 medium shallots
- 1 garlic clove (or 1tsp garlic paste)
- 1 tsp chopped ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1.5 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, prep the vegetables - chop the shallots, garlic and ginger (unless using paste) and set aside in a small bowl together. Then chop the cilantro and green onions and put in a bowl together. Finally chop the cauliflower so it is ready to cook.
- Heat 1tbsp of ghee in your cast iron skillet on medium heat. Wait until warm (about 1-2 minutes) and then add your shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook until shallots are caramelized, approximately 3 minutes.
- Next add in your cauliflower and let it brown in the pan for 3 minutes. Remember to mix well so nothing burns and add salt and pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is browned, add 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Heat until boiling and then reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer with a lid on for 8-9 minutes.
- Take the lid off and cook it uncovered for an extra 3 minutes. Remember to add some more salt for taste as much of it would have boiled off.
- The cauliflower is now ready to be served! Serve in a small bow; and garnish with the green onion and cilantro.
- Feel free to top with 2 fried eggs as I did, or serve with some yummy avocado toast.
cauliflower skillet hash
low carb breakfast