Avocado Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
This is a delicious low-carb alternative to your standard pesto pasta. Filled with vegetables, protein and healthy fat, it is sure to satisfy every craving!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6-9 tbsp store bought pesto
- 1 chicken breast
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- First, get your zucchinis out and chop out the ends. Attach to your spiralizer to turn them into noodles.
- Put the zucchini noodles aside.
- Mix your pesto (anywhere from 5-9 tbsp) in with the avocado - mash them together and put them aside.
- Flatten the chicken breast with a meat hammer and season both sides with some salt, pepper and paprika.
- Put a little bit of olive oil in the pan and grill the chicken for approximately 6 minutes per side or until the chicken breast reads 165 farenheit, if you have a meat thermometer.
- Put the chicken aside and dice them after about 5 minutes.
- Put the zucchini noodles in a big pan with some olive oil.
- Cook the noodles until they are soft (about 5-7 minutes) and then add the pesto avocado mix and the diced chicken.
- Cook for another few minutes and then serve with some parmesan sprinkled on top.