STICKY GLAZED MHEAT-BABS
Honestly one of our easiest and most colourful recipes! These kebabs are great for parties, summer BBQs and grey rainy days indoors, too. It's more a case for the latter up here in Scotland - and it's nice to have a quick and easy recipe to splash some colour onto our plates when the sky is grey and drizzly! We made our own maple-mustard glaze, but if you're feeling extra lazy you can always use pre-made. Eat these with your hands and enjoy the colourfulness!
- 150 g Mheat, chopped into square-ish chunks;
- 3 Bell Peppers, cut into chunks;
- 1 Courgette, cut into thick slices;
- 1 Red Onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup - or Agave
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Organic BBQ Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Kebab skewers
- A little bowl for making the glaze in.
- A griddle, BBQ or Oven.
- Pre-heat your griddle on medium heat, set your oven to 200°C, or fire up the barbie.
- Make the glaze by blending the maple syrup with the mustard, soy sauce and coconut oil in a little bowl - add salt and pepper to taste. Assemble the kebabs by dipping the veg and Mheat into the mixture and then threading them onto the skewers.
- . Cook covered in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, uncover and cook until crisp all over - about 5-10 minutes each side. Alternatively, let them sizzle away on your pre-heated griddle or barbecue.
- Enjoy drizzled in the remaining glaze from step 2, or with your favourite BBQ sauce!