Frittata stuffed tomatoes
My love of stuffing food continues with these beautiful brunch beauties. I love tomatoes and once heated not only are they delish, but the powerful antioxidant lycopene is greatly activated, making them a fibre rich and super healthy addition to ones plate. We all know how great frittatas are for using up any perishable ingredients and they make for a very tasty dish suitable for any meal. With that in mind feel free to use any of your favourite veggies/proteins in this recipe as they will all work well and enjoy the delicious possibilities.
- 4 medium Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Fresh chives
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Slice the tops of each tomato and discard.
- Carefully remove the tomato flesh. I find a knife and a spoon will work best, but be careful not to pierce the skin.
- Slice a very thin section along the bottom of the tomato so that they will stand upright and not wobble about.
- In a measuring jug (or any receptacle with a spout) add the eggs, cayenne, pepper, turmeric and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the cheese, chives and peppers and whisk once more.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into each tomato.
- Top with a slice of cherry tomato.
- Pop the filled tomatoes into a baking dish and into your hot oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Enjoy these stuffed tomatoes with salad or your favourite breakfast sides.