Cherry almond muffins
Hurray for cherry season! This is a moist sweet muffin and when paired with almonds feels reminiscent of a childhood treat, the Bakewell tart....but it's now Healthylicious ;) Enjoy this gluten and grain free delight whilst putting your feet up with a nice cuppa tea ;)
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup Cherries
- 5 Cherries
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 3 medium Eggs
- 2 Ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Line a muffin pan with 9 paper cups
- In a small food processor blend the sliced banana and coconut oil until smooth.
- In a bowl add the almond and coconut flour and baking soda and mix together.
- In a second bowl add the eggs, honey, vanilla and almond extract and blended banana and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and whisk together to make a smooth batter.
- Fold in the diced cherries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Top with a cherry half and sprinkle with the slivered almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Pop them onto a rack and allow to cool completely.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.