This delightful sweet treat was created by pure accident. I was baking muffins and using coconut flour for the very first time. I was oblivious to the nature of this new flour thinking it would yield the same results as almond flour. I was so wrong and my muffins turned out more like scones. They were just about to be donated to the bin when my husband gave them a try and a big thumbs up :) I was so surprised because they looked really ugly however the texture was just delightful. And so my challenge was set and this was my happy creation. A berry slice that is grain free, gluten free and gorgeously great.
- 1 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- In a small food processor blitz the raspberries until they are nice and blended.
- Transfer the blended raspberries to a bowl and stir in the honey and chia seeds.
- Cover, refrigerate and allow to set for at least an hour or over night if possible.
- The magical chia seeds will expand creating a wonderful jam like consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda.
- In a second bowl mix together the egg, vanilla, maple syrup, olive oil and almond milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together.
- It will come to a point where it will be easier to use your hands and manipulate the mixture into a dough like ball.
- Put this dough onto your baking sheet and as best you can form into a small tight compact square shape. It will not grow in size when baking.
- Pop this into your hot oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven.
- Slather the partially baked square with raspberry chia jam.
- Arrange the blueberries and pecans on top and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Pop this back in your oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely as it will be delicate.
- Gently slice into 6 portions.
- Store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.