Avocado banana nut muffins
A lot of people believe muffins to be a healthy treat however they are basically no different to a cup cake, making them hazardous for your health and waistline! But worry not, this is such a deliciously healthy moist muffin to enjoy at any time of day. It's packed full of protein, fibre, healthy fats, natural sugars and antioxidants! Enjoy with a big smile on your face.
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 3 small Ripe bananas
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cups
- In a bowl mix together the maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Put your sliced banana and avocado in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado mix to the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder and baking soda and whisk together.
- Add ½ a cup of the chopped walnuts and stir them in to distribute them evenly.
- Spoon the batter into the cups and top with the remaining chopped nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before inhaling them.
- Store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.