Vegan Banana, Pecan and Maple Porridge
Winter is unfortunately upon us, but it’s not all doom and gloom. Along with the cold weather comes some of my favourite things; thick knit jumpers, warming soups and big bowls of porridge (mmm carbs). I have been experimenting with some rather extravagant and just plain peculiar porridge recipes of late and it has got me reminiscing about simple, easy to make porridge that you can whip up in just 5 minutes. So here is a recipe that you can roll out of bed and make before you have a chance to notice just how cold your house has become over the course of one night.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 small handful of pecans
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Place ½ of your banana into a small saucepan and squash with a fork.
- Add your; oats, cinnamon, almond milk and 1 tbsp. of maple syrup.
- Place your saucepan on a low heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Leave to thicken until your desired consistency is reached (I like nice thick porridge so I left mine for roughly 5 minutes).
- Whilst your porridge is reducing, slice your remaining ½ banana and crush your pecans.
- When you are happy with your porridge pour it into a bowl, lay over your banana slices, sprinkle on your crushed pecans and drizzle over your maple syrup.