Vanilla and Baobab Protein Pancakes
I have a confession to make, I might have just been converted from peanut butter to cashew butter. The thick layer of melted cashew butter running down the side of these pancakes was heavenly! This recipe is a slight variation on my plain protein pancake recipe with the addition of a little vanilla and baobab to give it a little more flavour. I used Aduna World Baobab powder. You don’t need much to add a wonderful fruity flavour and it works even better in smoothies or porridge.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp spelt flour
- 1 banana
- 1 serving vanilla whey protein
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp baobab
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Add milk until desired consistency is reached (I used around 150ml)
- Electric whisk the; eggs, banana, vanilla essence, cinnamon, ginger and baking powder until light and airy.
- Then gradually your whey protein and flour.
- Add milk as and when needed in order to maintain your desired consistency.
- Heat up a pan (low heat) and spread the thinnest layer of grease over the top, you can use butter but I use a one Kcal spray.
- Spread your batter over the pan in a circle. Leave to cook until you see bubbles, then flip. Wait the same amount of time as it took to cook on the first side then remove and start to stack.