Squash, Cauliflower and Coconut Curry
- 2 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 squash
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 3 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bag bunch of fresh parsley
- Serve with quinoa mixed with chopped parsley
- Cut the squash and cauliflower into cubes (as large or small as you please) and steam for 15 minutes.
- Put your spices in a very large saucepan and toast for 3 minutes on a medium-low heat. Then add your garlic with 1 tbsp. of coconut oil. Stir and leave for another minute.
- Add your coconut milk, canned tomatoes, squash, cauliflower, salt and pepper to the saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce to a light simmer.
- Leave for forty five minutes, stirring occasionally. After 30 minutes add your quinoa to a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat. A tip for quinoa I have stolen off Mr Jamie Oliver, is to always cover your quinoa with 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa, then cook for 15 minutes and then leave covered for 15 minutes. After the quinoa has been cooking for 15 minutes or when all the water has evaporated, remove from the hob and leave the lid on.
- At this point (three quarters of an hour in) drain, rinse and add your chickpeas. Now give it a taste and adjust to your liking. Is it seasoned correctly? Is it spicy enough for you? Then leave it to cook for a further fifteen minutes.
- Finely chop the parsley then mix with your quinoa. Serve up your quinoa then add your curry and serve with another sprinkle of parsley.