This healthy oat breakfast bar can be enjoyed first thing in the morning, as a snack on the go, or as a dessert.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Line a 12x6 baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut & cinnamon.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients: ground flax seeds, water, melted coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine the wet & dry mixtures.
- Fold in raisins and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray, spreading evenly.
- Place baking tray in freezer for 20 minutes, then remove and place in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Then slice into 12 bars.
- Spelt flour can be substituted for any gluten free flour. Peanut butter can be substituted for any nut butter. Maple syrup can be substituted for any natural sweetener. Raisins can be substituted for any dried fruit. Pumpkin seeds can be substituted for any nuts or seeds.