I think it’s becoming quite obvious that I have an obsession with pimping out my protein shakes. Generally speaking protein shakes are getting more delicious and creative in their flavours, however I still like to add a few extra ingredients into mine to make them a little more indulgent. Even if its only adding a pinch of cinnamon. You can also add ingredients that enhance the nutritional profile of your shake. I often add bananas, peanut butter, coconut oil, creatine and coffee (if its a pre workout shake) to name but a few. After making my first “Protein Hot Chocolate” a few weeks ago, I was hooked on the idea of a lovely warming protein shake. So I starting to think what else could I create. Whilst the Christmas season is now over one thing I sorely missed this year was a good eggnog. So here it is my Protein Eggnog, enjoy.
- 1 serving of your favourite vanilla whey protein
- 100 ml water
- 200 ml milk
- 1 dash vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. tahini
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan rock salt
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker bottle or blender.
- Pour into your favourite mug and put in the microwave for 80 seconds.
- Garnish with a little cinnamon.