Prawn and peanut butter noodles
After running out to the shops and a mere 20 minutes cooking I had this delightful noodle dish on the table. You can make it with any type of noodles, pick your favourite and it’s really easy to whip together. It has a punchy and aromatic sticky peanut butter sauce that’s packed with fresh ingredients, topped with; sesame seeds, coriander, chilli and lemon. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
- 1 tin pack of king prawns
- 1 serving noodles
- 1/4 head of broccoli
- 3 radishes
- 1/2 pack of baby corn
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 birds eye chilli
- 1 cm cubed of fresh ginger
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- Rinse prawns and put on a piece of kitchen roll to dry, then finely chop your; chili, ginger and garlic.
- Thinly slice the radishes, and cut your baby corn and broccoli into small chunks.
- Boil the kettle, when ready add the hot water to a saucepan with your noodles. Cook the noodles as per instructions on the pack, when 1-2 minutes away from being done add your baby corn and broccoli.
- Heat the oils in a wok (medium heat), then add your finely chopped chili, ginger and garlic.
- Now add your chili flakes, turmeric, salt and pepper, and then leave for 2 minutes.
- Now add your prawns and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute on each side. While the prawns are cooking strain the noodles and veg.
- When the prawns are done add the noodles, corn and broccoli, along with the coriander, peanut butter and tahini.
- Stir well and cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce coats all the noodles.
- Then serve and garnish with, radish slices, sesame seeds, lime and coriander.