PAPRIKA CHICKEN WITH POMEGRANATE AND PUMPKIN SEED
This dish is great all year round, it contains a variety of flavours and is definitely filling. Paprika chicken and homemade hummus tops a bed of quinoa, steamed broccoli, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds. Rounded off with a few sprigs of fresh coriander. It is a hearty yet surprisingly light and fragrant dish that can be served as a summer lunch or winter warmer.
- 2 chicken breast
- 200 g quinoa
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful corriander
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Boil the kettle.
- Layout some aluminium foil and place your two chicken breasts in the centre.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika on each breast. Slice the lemon and lay the slices on both breasts, then wrap the foil and place your chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes put the quinoa in a saucepan with 1½ cups of boiling water, turn onto a medium heat and cover. Leave for 15 minutes then remove from the heat but leave the lid on.
- In 10 minutes time (when the quinoa has 5 minutes left) steam the broccoli on top of the quinoa.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and slice thinly.
- When the broccoli is ready, remove and chop relatively finely.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix the quinoa, chopped broccoli, chopped coriander, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds, then plate up.
- Lay the chicken on top of the quinoa and then put a large dollop of hummus on the side.