Mince Pie Porridge
Vegan Mince Pie Porridge :)
- 150 grams mixed dried fruits
- 1/2 orange
- 1 apple
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- A pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp. flaked almonds (plus more to garnish)
- 2 tbsp. your homemade mincemeat
- 1 tbsp. agarve (garnish)
- for vegan mincemeat:
- Place your diced apple, coconut oil, mixed dried fruits, orange peel and juice into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat.
- After 2-3 minutes add the ginger, stir, then cover with a lid and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes on a low-medium heat checking and stiring every 5 minutes, once the orange juice is absorbed and the apple has broken down into a mushy consistency.
- Turn off the heat, add in the chia seeds and stir the contents to make sure everything is nicely combined and the apple is sufficiently mushed.
- Once cooled a little, pour your mincemeat into an empty jam jar and pop it in the fridge for use the following day and days to come!
- for mince pie porridge:
- Turn the stove onto a medium heat and begin to cook your oats in a saucepan with all your liquid ingredients (vanilla extract & milk), adding in a little salt.
- When your oats start to simmer turn down the heat and add a little more liquid if necessary.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed stir in the cinnamon, ginger and flaked almonds.
- Serve up your oats into a bowl, top with a good dollop of homemade mincemeat, scatter with flaked almonds and drizzle on your favourite sweetener.