I recently got back from an annual sibling holiday with my sister. This year we went to Budapest and whilst it is not a traditional Hungarian dish, like goulash or paprika chicken, there was hummus absolutely every where! Every street corner would have a little café serving nothing but blended chickpeas and falafel. They wouldn’t serve it as a condiment either, it turns up in a bowl bigger than this one and is meant to be a meal in itself. I wasn’t complaining.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan rock salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Blend everything in a food processor until smooth.
- Spoon into a wide bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika.