Fig and Coconut Chia Pudding
Delicious, nutritious and easy to make :)
- Coconut water
- Chia seeds
- 2 figs
- Depending on how large you would like your dessert, pick an appropriate jar. Fill it 1/3 of the way up with chia seeds, then pour these seeds into a saucepan.
- Fill the same jar 3/4 of the way up with coconut water, then add this to the saucepan.
- Lastly, peel two very ripe, very large figs so that there is no skin and no white flesh remaining (use a sharp knife).
- Add the two peeled figs to the saucepan and put onto a relatively low heat.
- Bring to a light simmer and stir occasionally.
- We want the figs to separate so that the individual fibres disperse evenly in the liquid. Continue to simmer, we want to intensify the flavour and release all that lovely sugar stored inside those figs.
- Remove from the heat when the figs are mixed into the coconut water and the mixture starts to smell lovely.
- A small change in colour should be observed, this will act as a good indicator to remove from the hob.
- Pour the chia pudding back into your jar and pop into the fridge. Wait for it to cool and for the seeds to absorb as much moisture as possible, then serve.