Cucumber and Avocado Soup
With summer now in full swing barbeques are fast becoming a daily ritual for most, but with the increased meat consumption comes increased use of heavy spices and herbs such as; paprika and cumin that are so common in meat rubs and marinades. So here is a refreshing little starter to cleanse the palette before you dive into your 3rd steak of the week.
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 ghost chilli (Bhut jolokia)
- 3 spring onions
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime (juice)
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 tsp. wasabi powder (optional)
- 100-200 ml water depending on your consistency preference
- Put to one side a little mint, cucumber, onion and lime for your garnish, then peel your cucumber, cut in half length ways and remove the seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone, then spoon the flesh into your food processor.
- Wash and cut the ends off the spring onions and remove the pips from your chilli, then add both to the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until very smooth.
- Serve into small bowls and put in the fridge to cool.
- Chop the saved garnish ingredients into tiny pieces and sprinkle over the top of the soups when ready to serve.