Chocolate Protein Porridge
The healthy vegan porridge recipe I am sharing with you today is my go-to recipe, the bowl I have when I am either in a great mood and I want to maintain it or when I am down and need a pick me up. Call it a super bowl if you will. It is rich, indulgent and second to none, it is chocolate & peanut butter protein porridge.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. chocolate protein powder (or vegan alternative)
- 1 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cacao
- 1/3 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp. maca, lucuma or baobab (optional)
- Garnish with more of the above (but always melt some chocolate on top & peanut butter)
- Not very difficult this one, put everything in a saucepan and cook on a low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Alternatively you can stir through the superfoods when the porridge is ready as some do change flavour when cooked.