Carrot Cake Porridge
What better way to start your morning than with a vegan, paleo, high protein carrot cake breakfast porridge? This is one seriously indulgent tasting breakfast, but without any of the guilt. A real hearty way to start your day! Not only does it taste sublime but it covers all your macronutrient bases and contains loads of micronutrients too.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 1/2 cup plain oats
- 1 tbsp. vanilla whey protein (optional)
- 1 tbsp. agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 handful crushed walnuts
- 1 carrot
- 1 dash of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. maca powder (optional and can be swapped for lucuma)
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- Grate the carrot (half coarsely grated and half finely grated,).
- Add the water, milk, agave and vanilla essence to a saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, whey protein powder (if using), spices and raisins to the saucepan.
- Allow to cook until desired consistency is reached (I like really thick porridge).
- Once thick and silky stir through the; maca (if using) grated carrots and crushed walnuts (save a pinch of each to garnish).
- Pour into your favourite breakfast bowl and garnish with a pinch of grated carrots, walnuts, sprinkle of cinnamon and swirl of agave.