Apple, Pear and Goji Berry Crumble
This super-food clean crumble recipe really will warm you up on a cold day and even if its not cold its a lovely treat anyway. Simple ingredients, ready in 30 minutes and requires minimal attention, what more could you ask for. As I mentioned you can also mix up your fruit combinations to change the flavour, this recipe works brilliantly with blackberries, blueberries or pomegranate instead of Goji berries and plums. I am confident you will all love this one and hope you enjoyed reading. If you try out another fruit combo that works brilliantly I would love to hear about it and give it a go in my next crumble.
- 2 small red apples
- 1 plum
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 1 tbsp. agave
- juice of 1 mandarin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 small handful of almonds (about 20g)
- equal quantity of oats
- 1 tsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp. agave
- Before starting we can prep by chopping up the apples and plums into cubes and pre heating the oven to 180 degrees.
- Now place the apples and plums into a saucepan along with the agave, mandarin juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Place the saucepan on a low heat and cover, then leave for 10-15 minutes or until the fruit is soft and smelling absolutely gorgeous and Christmassy.
- Whilst this is on the hob we can prepare the crumble.
- First put your almonds in a sandwich bag and smash with a rolling pin or something solid. Give it a good bash, but how fine you want them is up to you. I left mine quite coarse.
- Mix the almonds with the oats in a small bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil then mix it through the crumble along with the agave.
- When the filling is done stir through the Goji berries and pour the mixture into a glass jar.
- Then pour your crumble mixture on top and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top is golden.