Acai Bircher Muesli
One thing I have become a huge fan of recently is bircher muesli. It’s so sweet and creamy and also happens to be one of the easiest breakfasts you could ever make. Each bowl is made by simply mixing oats with milk and Greek yoghurt. Just 3 minutes prep the night before and it will be ready to enjoy in the morning. You could prepare it on the spot but I find that the oats absorb more moisture the longer you leave them, so by the time you wake up they are light and fluffy. The great thing about this recipe is that you can mix and match the optional trimmings to change the flavour and personalise your breakfast.
- 30 grams rolled oats (preferably giant)
- 50 grams Greek yoghurt
- 100 ml milk (can swap for almond, soy etc…)
- 1 tsp. Acai berry powder
- tsp. agave
- A dash of vanilla essence
- Garnish with what ever you like, fresh berries, superfoods, nuts/seeds etc…
- Combine all ingredients (bar the garnishes) in a bowl, mix well and place in the fridge until morning. The mixture will look quite thin, but overnight the oats will absorb a lot of the milk and become softer and softer. When you wake up simply cover with your favourite toppings and enjoy.