Warm, healthy alternative to oatmeal & grains for breakfast.
- 3 C Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbl Coconut butter
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Place everything in a soup pan and bring to a boil. Turn down to low and let thicken. Once the porridge thickens and cools down you can flavor it.
- NOTE: You can use Olive Oil, MCT oil, or Ghee in place of Coconut butter. If you are not avoiding dairy you can use grassfed buter.
- Unsweetened Coconut milk has no fat. I like fat, so I use Coconut milk cream. Also any nut milk, soy or regular milk can be used.
- Season the porridge, cinnamon/nut butter mixed in/lemon zest/maple syrup/honey/splash of OJ.
- Then top it with frozen fruit/preserves/nuts/seeds/fresh fruit/raisins/shredded coconut. Portion leftovers into small ball jars for later in the week.