Cassava Flour Tortillas
Fluffy, soft, beautiful tortilla wraps perfect for stuffing with all your favourite ingredients.
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Seasonings to your taste
- Mix flour and seasonings.
- Using a whisk, fork or your fingers, cut in the oil until it resembles a crumb consistency.
- Slowly add in the water until you get a soft, pliable play-dough like dough.
- Divide dough into 4 equal balls.
- Fold a 12 inch piece of cling film in half width wise. Cut a 8x8 inch square of parchment paper.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Take 1 ball of dough and place between the cling film, slightly flattening it.
- Roll out a 6-8 inch circle.
- Open the clingfilm and place the parchment square over the tortilla close the cling film. Flip over.
- Open cling film and place tortilla parchment, tortilla down in the frying pan.
- When the parchment starts to lift away from the edges of the tortilla, slowly peel it off.
- After 2-3 minutes when tortilla goes opaque white and firms up a bit, flip it over.
- Cook for another few minutes while rolling out your next tortilla.
- Place cooked tortilla in a tortilla warmer or between a clean folded dish towel while you finish the other tortillas.
- The more you make this recipe, the more you can start to adjust for your own personal tastes. It is very flexible and after awhile becomes one of those recipes you just eye ball.