Allergen Friendly Healthy Pizza Crust
The only healthy pizza crust you'll ever need | Gluten & Grain Free, Yeast Free | Vegan, Paleo, AIP option
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 165 ml water
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp dried onion flake
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/400*F/ 200*C, if using a pizza stone or tray, put this in now to preheat.
- In a small bowl mix the flax, chia, acv and water, allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix together tapioca, coconut flour, salt, Italian seasoning, onion flakes, baking soda, & cream of tartar until the flour mixture starts to bind together.
- Cut in the 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, making sure it's all properly dispersed and looks like crumbs. (Best to use a food processor, pastry cutter, or a half moon whisk)
- Add in the chia and flax water mixture, (see note for AIP) stirring until a dough forms. It'll start out very wet but the more you work it, the more the dough pulls together.
- Place dough in the center of a 10" parchment circle, cover with cling film (it makes rolling easier and less messy) and roll out to the edge of the parchment. Go around the circle and fold the edges over slightly, pressing the inside back into the base of the dough to form your crust. Oil the top of your base with the extra teaspoon of EVOO.
- Bake in preheated over for 15 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and very carefully flip the crust over (I place an extra chopping board on top and holding that and the tray with the pizza together, flip them both, if that makes sense).
- Peel the parchment off and bake directly on the oven rack for an additional 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before topping. This helps the base firm a little better before you sauce it.
- Top with your favourite sauce and pizza toppings and enjoy!