This porridge is packed with plant-based proteins and vitamins (flax seeds, peanut butter and spirulina) for a perfect start of the day.
- 1 tbs coconut palm sugar
- to taste (optional) spirulina
- 500 ml water
- to taste (optional) honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
- 80 g Stoneground oatmeal or oatbran
- 2-4 tbsp ground flax or linseeds
- Put oatmeal or bran into the saucepan, add water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 min stirring from time to time and watching carefully that the porridge does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cinnamon and coconut palm sugar and simmer for another 1 min.
- Turn the heat off and serve. Mix in peanut butter into the hot porridge and stir making it melt. On top add a 1-2 table spoons of ground flax or linseed, a drizzle of honey and spirulina as desired.