Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1.5 kg sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Fresh coriander leaves, natural coconut yogurt and pepitas, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add the curry paste and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the stock, increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the sweet potato and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Place the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan and stir through the coconut milk.
- Pour the soup into four bowls and top with fresh coriander, a dollop of natural coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of pepitas.