Crunchy Buckwheat Slice
This is such a delicious treat that only contains real food so won't send your energy levels crashing down after an immediate spike.
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil,
- 1 cup whole buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds into a food processor and pulse the seeds until they are roughly chopped.
- Tip the seeds into a mixing bowl with the coconut chips, buckwheat groats and ¼ cup of the coconut oil. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture out evenly onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Keep a close eye on the mixture to ensure that the coconut chips don’t burn.
- When the seed mixture is golden brown, remove it from the oven and tip it into the mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup or honey and the remaining ¼ cup of coconut oil. Mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- At this point you have made the most deliciously addictive oat-free granola. To continue with the recipe, simply spread the mixture out evenly into the lined slice tin and press down firmly.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least an hour but ideally overnight. Store in the fridge or freezer. Cut into about 24 bite sized morsels to devour! Enjoy