Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
These healthy pre-portioned rollups are made meatless, but can easily please meat lovers with a side of meatballs!
- 4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 boxes frozen spinach
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- mozzarella cheese for topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Boil water and cook lasagna noodles according to box instructions. Run cold water over them when done cooking for easy and safe handling. Place on flat surface.
- Defrost frozen spinach and be sure to remove as much excess water as you can
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and spinach until well combined.
- Prepare your baking pan by placing some tomato sauce on the bottom. ( The lasagna noodles will be placed on top).
- Using a spoon, spread the ricotta mixture on each lasagna noodle and roll up. Place in prepared pan.
- Add more sauce to top of lasagna noodles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella. They are ready for the oven!
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes, and broil for an additional 5 minutes so the cheese gets perfectly melty!
- Remove from oven and serve hot! I served mine with turkey meatballs and thought they went great together. Enjoy !!