Pumpkin Sweet Potato Pancakes
Say goodbye to your Biquick and hellllloooo to these Vitamin C filled hot cakes! Made with sweet potato and pumpkin puree these pancakes are perfect for a healthy, grab and go breakfast.
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 baked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Mix flax seed + water until it forms a "gel" and set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add flax egg
- In a separate bowl whisk together sweet potato, pumpkin puree, greek yogurt, vanilla, milk, and maple syrup (if using)
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side