Fall is here and so is the PUMPKIN CRAZE! I got in the spirit and made some whole wheat pumpkin muffins. These came out super moist and made the whole house smell yummy. I hope you enjoy! Happy baking!!
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce ( two 4oz cups )
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin pan
- In a large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, and oil. Mix just until the dry ingredients are absorbed. Fill muffin cups to the top with batter. I topped muffins with rolled oats to make them look festive :)
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan before removing from cups.