Roast Butternut Squash & Turmeric Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 500 ml homemade chicken stock
- 2 onions
- 2 tbs coconut/ olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 190c, place your whole butternut squash on a baking tray in 1 inch of water.
- Roast for 1- 1 1/2 hours or until soft enough to easily put a knife through. Once it’s cooked take it out of the oven, slice it in half and scoop out the soft butternut squash.
- In a saucepan heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil/ olive oil, add diced onions and on a medium heat simmer until they are soft. Add the finely chopped garlic and turmeric, stir continuously for 1 minute so it doesn’t burn.
- Then add the butternut squash and chicken stock and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Pop it all in a blender and TA DAA smooth butternut squash and turmeric soup!