Buckwheat has fast become one of my favourite things! It’s versatile, comes in many different forms, is completely gluten free is packed full of protein & contains all 8 essential amino acids! Now winter is in full swing it’s always nice to have something hearty and warm for breakfast, this porridge is super easy to make and can be topped with anything you like!
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Firstly start by soaking the buckwheat groats over night in double the amount of water. In the morning they will produce a gel around them, this is normal but give them a thorough rinse.
- Add the groats to a blender, keeping back a few tablespoons to sprinkle on top and blend until desired consistency, adding 1/2 of the raspberries towards the end.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan- medium heat. Add the milk and stir continuously for about 5 minutes. It will thicken up, if it’s too thick just add more milk.
- Split into two bowls and top with left over raspberries, honey, flaxseed, the set aside groats and any toppings of your choice. Easy!
- It can also be eaten raw, there is no need to heat the buckwheat up, but when it’s freezing cold outside it makes for a good warming breakfast!